I am not sure what is more work; A Blog about restoring a boat or actually restoring the boat!
A lot has happened since I last posted. I will try to run through them as quickly as possible.
Went through 3 gallons of resin. (Probably could have used 5 quite comfortably.)
Decided to use carpeting instead of the paint and sand anti skid trick.
Got sick and tired of working on this thing and just want to go fishing now.
Doesn't look like much spread out over three line... But it was a LOT of work!
I had to rip out some of the glass I put in due to terminal bubbles. It was WAY too much like rotten ice. Too weak. So I reglassed and used a shit load of Peanut Butter. Framed and PB'ed the rod locker. Every stick of wood was covered in resin and most with mat and roving. I will post some pictures now and go lie down. I started today at 6:30 am and finished at 9:15pm. I am going to a cottage next week for 7 days, and I HAD to get the boat done so I am not stuck shore fishing and my kids wont make fun of me!
Between that crappy rainy weather and work, I had to take advantage of this great day. Good weather is not guaranteed. Here is what I have done to this point.
So I painted inside and out. The bow trim is now royal blue and matches my car. I was not sure if that was a little fancy or not... still not so sure...
Any how... it needs more color. I look like I should be selling poutine out the back of this thing as it sits there now. I will paint the new lids a different color... not sure what color.... when I get them from some dumpsters at construction sites near the house. I will likely use *gasp* chip board. It will obviously be a somewhat temporary solution. I ran out of money and patience.
One word of caution to anyone planning on laying carpet in their boat... or any where else for that matter; do not make any upwards thrusting motions with a screw driver in an attempt to remove a staple when your arm is any position to catch the business end on the follow through.