Blog Archive

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Let 'Er Rip!!

This was the first exploratory cut.


It was obvious that the rot went right to the transom.


So cut number two came, and I was able to have a look at the stringer;

Starting to look like a renovation!

Better view of the stringer here;

The stringer was certainly rotted.


The first pile of guts and skin;


The progress so far;


And now, for what every Encino CA, teen aged girl wants for their sweet sixteen; Nose Job Time!

Here is the "Before" picture.


During;


Nice Styrofoam. This how it was stacked in the bulkhead. Not much buoyancy. It was a spore incubator. There were trilobytes and snails stuck to the underside of the casting deck. I am starting to wonder if the guy who sold this tub to me was Relic from the Beachcombers and some how raised it from the bottom of Lake Ontario.


The ever growing pile of junk;




I took a bunch of other pictures, but I am using my daughter's camera and I messed up somehow. It made noise like it was taking pictures, but it didn't for some reason.

I tarped it up because I was not sure when I was going to be able to work on it again. I may skip a doctor's appointment to get some work in. But if I don't, we are expecting at least 10mm of rain.



Until tomorrow! (I hope!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Prince Craig!

    Big hello from the iboat forum.

    It is looking really nice.

    Love the lines of the hull.

    Keep on posting.

    Cheers, Snapping Turtle

    ReplyDelete