This is how she looked the first part of the morning of day three of renovations. I cut part of the left locker/bench away.
This is a close up of the stringer as I found it. I find it kind of odd that it stops well before the bow takes an upturn.
I sliced away at the stringer and ground out a good bit of the old fiberglass lip that was left over where the wood decking and casting deck was.
Here comes the rotting hot wet stinking piece of crap. It came out in three pieces. I figured I would keep it for a template for the new one.
Here is how it looked at the end of the third day of destruction.
Left locker cut out.
The stringer is gone.
Fiberglass lips and wood remnants ground out.
You know... it might not look like much, but I feel like I got a lot accomplished.
I am getting a little bolder with my pneumatic die grinder; at first I was scared shitless that I was going to grind through the hull. Now I just go! Still a whole lot of grinding to do. Next time I will warn the little widow next door to move her Jeep. I was getting the stink eye from her the whole time. (Even though I warned her that I was going to do it today... I just didn't "instruct" her to move her ride!)
Oh ya... the ever growing junk (A.K.A. "Template") pile!
Gonna piss rain for the next 24 hours or so... that will bring me to Sunday the next possible work day. It will have to be in the afternoon as I will undoubtedly be fishing in the AM. One last kick at Meech Lake before the swimmers force us to start paying for parking! I think the beech opens next week.