Blog Archive

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A working camera!

Finally... a working camera and some sun and melting snow to encourage a photo session with my Bok! This will show some of the work that I did late in the fall;

The transom on the outside:

Transom on the inside;
Notice the Battleship gray colour inside AND out ...

As you can plainly see, I have painted the Bok. I used an epoxy paint that is supposed to fill leaks as it covers... but I suppose that my rivets and seams leak a little bit more than this stuff can fix. I am getting some Gluvit within the next two weeks. I will remove the center and rear benches. temporarily, so I can get at all the rivets. I am going to pound them in an effort to tighten them, then apply the Gluvit. Gluvit is meant more for this application than Interprotect was... it is flexible when dry and runs into the cracks and seams for better penetration. We all want that... better penetration.... mmmmm....

Once I am finished with the Gluvit, I will re-rivet the benches back into place for the year. I am going to save up my change and soda bottles to get enough money to mod this bad boy. Front and rear casting deck and center bench delete. Boat is quite shallow... so I don't think I will put in a floor... flat bottom too... so I am already there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm no expert, but it looks like your water is still a bit too hard for comfortable boating.